Saturday 24 June 2017

The Lines Of Marsden

It's been awhile since I've last been on. Time just seems to have flown by and I've got absolutely nothing done. Aside from dealing with everyday life I've been re reading The Lines of Marsden series to see if I can figure out where the hell I was going with book 4: The Trail of Red Roses, and  4.5: On the 12th Day (which may have a title change) because right now the story just isn't making sense to me.

I must admit that I hate re reading my own work as I see all small mistakes that I would like to go back and change... but then I think if I'm forever going back and fixing old books up then I'll never get new work out for my readers. So for now I'll just leave it sit.

hopefully by doing the re read I'll be able to answer anything that I left open in other books. I hate it when I do that. though most times I don't even realise that I'm doing it.

In book 4 and 4.5 I'm moving away from the main characters of the last three books and giving the readers more of and insight into other secondary characters that I find just as interesting, and I hope that the readers will as well. I mean Michael and Doyle will always be in the continuing story line, and will play big parts, but the sole focus of these stories won't be on them... if that makes sense.

I'm honestly hoping that I can bring the story back around to the path where it's meant to be on. I only have basically books 4, 5, and 6 to end the first line and have it all make sense. I want to be able to go into the second line without leaving questions about the first line. I don't mind if the characters from the first line make a reappearance in the second line, but I don't want them to be the main feature of any given story.

So book 4 is mainly going to be about Christian and Benj... also about Maffa and someone (no clue who yet) 4.5 is a novella about (Asher) I think I might set it around Christmas. Well, it will be if everything in book 4 goes to plan... knowing me it'll all go way of track halfway through the damn story. I guess I'll have to keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment