Wednesday 6 July 2011

Weekly Read


A Thread of Deepest Black: By Finn Marlowe


I fell in love with Killian Frost from the very first page of this wonderful book; mind you, that didn’t stop me from wanting to slap the man silly throughout the whole entire book.  He was an arsehole, but I just loved him to bits.  Same could be said for Colton Decarie. They were both such strong characters that it was amazing that the house was still standing at the end of it all.

This story actually blew me away.  If I am honest; I bought this book for the cover, and put it on the back burner for so long. Then when I finally started reading it I couldn’t put it down. It is one of my favourite re-reads.

I loved everything about this story; it was one of the most different stories that I have ever read. It kept you guessing throughout the whole thing. Each new character sucked you in just that little bit more.  I strongly urge you to put this book on your reading list if you haven’t done so already.  I have it on good authority that there is a second book coming out.  I personally will be first in line to buy it.

This story leads us on a wild adventure through worlds we could only guess about.  I was totally spellbound by the places that the journey took us, and by the end I was: ‘I want more damn it!!!’  I know that everyone that gives this book a chance will be just as entranced as I was.

I loved the fact that the characters weren’t all perfect; they were flawed just like the rest of us.  It made them seem just that much more real to me. Finn Marlowe has done an excellent job in bring her people to life.

I have read many Vampire/Shifter books and once again I can honestly say that this was different.  It was like a breath of fresh air.  That alone was what kept me rivitted to this story.

So I say thank-you Finn for a great story.

This awesome book was published by Samhain Publishing: www.samhainpublishing.com

The awesome cover was done by: Kanaxa.

I usually finish off with my favourite lines but this time I am going to finish off with something from Finn’s own site: www.finnmarlowe.com


Werewolf Property Laws


         1.   If I want it, it's mine.
2.   If I like it, it's mine.
3.   If I don't like it, I'm still not giving it to you.
4.   If it's mine, it cannot appear to be yours in any way.
5.   If it's yours, it will soon be mine.
6.   If it once was mine, it will be mine forever and I will be getting it back
7.   If it looks good on me, beside me, or under me, it's mine.
8.   If it's shiny, I will probably make it mine.
9.   If I trick you out of it, it's so fucking mine.
10. If you bargain with me, you'll soon be mine.
11. If you have a soul, my dark heart wants to make it mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment