Tuesday 22 July 2014

Thoughts On: My Writing & Other Things...

1- Today I received Galley Proof from Annette B at MLRPress. on Toowoomba Boys 3: Dancing With Demons... I have to get it back in the next day or so.

2- I just got an email from Christie N at MLRPress that I should be getting first edits on Lancaster's Way 2: A Different Way Of Seeing.

3- Going to be having a new addition to our household... our 13 (almost 14) year old step-son, Ethan (pure coincidence he and Em both start with an E) is moving in with us...I've been running around like crazy organising things like schooling, new clothes etc.

4- Emily starts university today... so I've been helping her get all her stuff organised (the work of a mum is never done).

5- The saddest part is getting ready to go to Marv's funeral he was well loved within our company... take my advice make sure you have a check-up with your doctor on a regular basis. he found out he had cancer in March and was gone by July... a shock to us all my heart is with his family.

6- Been working on a couple of new story idea's - all in longhand - names are 1) I'm Not Okay... 2) So Pretty On The Outside... 

7- I've been working on Master's Of Time 1: Shadows On The Heart - I'm lengthening the story by a lot as at the moment it's only around 15K long... there is so much more I want to Add like why Andreas was on the run in the first place... And why Tucker Daniels (the witch) was drunk when he performed the transportation spell that went so wrong. I want to spend more time with Rurik, Leif, and Andreas so the reader gets to know them a little better and why they are like they are... if that makes sense.

8- It's Tax time again for us Aussies so I've been busy doing my Bas... well I supply the info and my book keeper and accountant do all the really hard work and then let me know how much I owe the ATO.

9- The Lines Of Marsden 3: You Make Me Die In Pieces is still calling to me to be finished for MLRPress... as is... The Connelly Chronicles 2: Beautiful Goodbyes for Totally Bound... as is... The Gaean Prophecies 1: Admetus Gaea for Wayward Ink Press...

10- I really can't wait to see and show you the covers for #1 and #2... I promise as soon as I get the final things I will share them with you all.  I think getting the covers are just as much fun as writing the books in the first place... I can't talk for other authors but it is for me... I always do a chair dance when I receive the artwork for the first time.

11- NaNoWriMo... well to be honest I'm still not sure what I'm going to be working o for that... I figure that November is still four months away so that gives me plenty of time to work out what's going on.

12- I've been trying to work out how to get better at self promotion... I realised pretty early on that I truly suck at it. So if any one has some pointers they are willing to share then feel free to leave me a comment or three...

13- I'm also trying to get my shit together to sub my first for Fireborn Publications... every time I think I'm close to finishing something comes in and throws me off schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment