Monday 29 December 2014

Guest Blogger ~ L.M. Brown: Between Life & Death

Letting Go

Coming to other online stores in January 2015.


Hello everyone. First of all, thank you for having me here today to talk about the final book in my Heavenly Sins trilogy. It has been a long time in coming, but it is finally available for those who want to read the conclusion of Tristan, Mac and Alastor’s story.

When I started this series I had no idea the story was going to be anything other than a short novella. That was the intention, but my characters had other ideas. They took over completely and their story became longer and longer until finally it is coming to an end. What started as a novella became three novels. I am still not entirely sure how that happened, but that’s a topic for another blog post.

This is my first series/serial story to finish and I have to admit that I am finding it a little difficult to let my characters go. Even though I have tied up all the loose ends that need to be, I keep wondering if perhaps I could revisit them one day in the future.

I wonder if my boys, as I like to think of them, will have any more trouble sent in their direction, or whether they will get the life they always wanted. Maybe there is more to be told. Perhaps another enemy will arise with the intention of separating them, or maybe one of them will decide they want out of the relationship. There are countless possibilities – especially when in the paranormal genre, not even death means a definite end to the story.

But I know I need to stop it and let these characters go. I am afraid I am just as bad as a reader, but then I have no choice. If an author I am reading finishes a series, then yes, it is finished whether I want it to end or not. As a writer I have a little more say in the matter. Or at least that is what I tell myself.

Yet even as I type this I have another angel and demon whispering in my ear right now. Actually I have several demons, angels and mortals pestering me these days. But there are two who are being quite persistent and who are telling me they want their story to be told. So there is a chance that at some point over the next couple of years there will be a fourth Heavenly Sins story from me.

I am making an effort not to listen to them though. With so many stories in my head, it’s time to let someone else take the limelight and concentrate on my newly started Mermen & Magic series.

Maybe it is only me who has trouble letting go of characters. Somehow, I suspect this isn’t the case and that there are other writers out there who find it hard to bring an end to a series.

For those who have not yet met my angels and demons, the reading order for the series is as follows.

Between Heaven & Hell
Between Good & Evil
Between Life & Death

And at least now they are all available, no one is going to be left waiting for the next instalment. So if angels and demons are something you are interested in, please say hello to Mac, Alastor and Tristan.

Thanks again for having me here today and I hope everyone is having a happy and safe holiday season.

Blurb:
With one of his lovers imprisoned in the Underworld, Mac has no choice except to go where most angels fear to tread.

With Tristan imprisoned in the Underworld, the ménage is broken. Angels are forbidden to enter the demonic domain and while Mac has been breaking rules in recent months, he doesn’t have the power to enter the Underworld.

Alastor is still unsure about his position in the relationship following recent revelations, but he cannot walk away when he is the only real link between his two lovers. Splitting his time between Mac and Tristan, he hopes they can soon find a way to reunite the two men in his life.

As time moves on, Alastor realizes he is struggling to satisfy Tristan’s thirst for sex. His lover needs more than he can give him and craves Mac in his bed.

Mac still believes he can complete his mission to save his two lovers, but with one of them out of his reach, it is going to be far from easy.

During their time together they have made plenty of enemies, including one who would seek to separate them forever, even if it means biding his time until Alastor and Tristan are at their most vulnerable, when even the love of an angel can’t save them.

Excerpt:
Lucifer continued to poke around the room while Tristan did his best to ignore him. Eventually he stepped into the path of the demon and glared at him. “Are you done?”

“You really shouldn’t be so rude to me,” Lucifer chided. “I’m here to help you.”

“Help me?” Tristan shook his head and rolled his eyes. “Help me, he says.”

“Who else is suitably qualified to guide you through your first days as our new king?”

“What makes you think I need your help?”

Lucifer smiled, clearly unfazed by Tristan’s attitude. “Even now the throne room is filling up with the leaders of each of the factions of demons, all here to bow down before you and swear their loyalty.”

“You’re joking.”

“Well, most of them will probably want to kill you and take your place, if truth be told, but they generally wait until after the banquet is over.”

Tristan dropped into one of the soft leather chairs. “This is going to be a disaster.”

“Not if you let me guide you.”

“Why are you so keen to help me? What difference does it make to you who’s king?”

“I don’t care who sits on the throne, but I do like to ensure our new kings are settled in as soon as possible. That way I can turn my attention back to more pleasurable activities.”

Tristan cast a glance toward the wall where the entrance to his rooms had been. “How do I even get out into the throne room again?”

“Just walk toward the entrance and imagine the doorway opening for you.”

Tristan took a step forward and the entrance began to form. The most powerful demons in the Underworld congregated just on the other side of the wall. Shit!

Author Bio:
L.M. Brown lives in England, in a quaint little village time doesn't seem to have touched. No, wait a minute—that's the retirement biography. Right now, she is in England in a medium sized town no one has ever heard of, so she won't bore you with the details. Keeping her company are numerous sexy men. She just wishes they weren't all inside her head.

L.M. believes there is nothing hotter or sweeter than two men in love with each other… unless it is three.

L.M. Brown loves hearing from readers so don't be shy.

Find L.M. Brown Here


1 comment:

  1. I have been very remiss about stopping by and commenting here. I am sorry. I was offline for much of the holidays and am now playing catch up. Thank you again for hosting me.

    ReplyDelete