Friday 30 October 2015

Just Another Ramble

Yeah I know... I ramble a lot... I can't help it there is so much going on in my head that I just need to get it all out... so here goes: 7 things you really didn't want to know, but I'm telling you anyway... Sharing is caring--or so they tell me.

1) The hubs flies back to New Zealand tomorrow, and I'm happy to report that he got most of the jobs done that needed doing... I'm going to miss him (I think) at least until he comes back and I realise I have o share the queen sized bed again.

2) Emily is at her last tutoring session for the year... she starts her exams in a week and a half for Uni... then is off until about March of next year.

3) Ethan informs me he only has 4 weeks of school left before he's on school holidays... next year he's into year 10 and becomes a senior. I'm so proud of the progress he has made in the year he has been living with us.

4) I've been dealing with the dreaded taxes, and I'm hoping like hell My Accountants get onto EOY 2015 so that I'll finally be up to date. I've said it before and I'll probably say it many more times in the future... I hate dealing with the taxes... at least after EOY 2016 I won't have to deal with company taxes any more, because my hubs will be doing all of that in New Zealand.

5) The hubs will be in NZ for Christmas this year... he hasn't had a Christmas with his family since 2009. But we'll see him not long afterward. Us here at home will have a quite Christmas day... we usually have our bog family Christmas around the 20th of December and that one will be loud as hell.

6) I've also been organising my 2016... I know it is all subject to change at the drop of a hat, but I'm trying to teach the kids the value of money by making them (all of us really) stick to a family budget. so we have to try and factor everything in. Not sure how long it's going to last so keep your fingers crossed. I'm thinking at 15 & 25 they should be able to grasp the concept.

7) I'm also making sure that I set the required amount of time aside each day to meet the word quota  (2,138 a day to be able to write 1 Million words/20 (40K) novellas & 2 (100K) novels) for the 2016 writing challenge I have with the awesome Penny Brandon. Wish me luck...OR... kick my arse if I start falling behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment