Thursday 8 December 2022

Aftermath...

 

The aftermath of last night's storm is it blew our TV. and messed with one of our digital clocks. there are also a ton of puddles, branches, and leaves all over our yard... The good news is we have a secondary TV so Mum can still watch her cricket. The puddles will dry up eventually and I can clean up all the branches and leaves. The bad news is, it didn't seem to cool it down any, so I'm still sweating in places I'd rather not.

The heat makes it hard to want to finish spring/summer cleaning my house. I don't understand how the crap keeps accumulating. I swear I throw it away/donate it, and it comes back tenfold... it's like a conspiracy or something. I also swear it will never happen again, but it always does and makes a liar out of me. The good thing about this decluttering all-season cleaning is that I have been finding heaps of story notes that I've had stashed around the house.

I'm trying to get myself more organised for next year where my writing is concerned. But honestly, between the heat and being ill over the last year... it's been too hard to stay focused enough to even think. so for the last month, I've been telling myself I need to pull up my big girl panties and get the job done. Set a plan in place and stick to it.

Probably something easier said than done. I have to take the advice I keep giving my own granddaughters when they struggle to do something "It just takes practice, and the more you practice the better you'll get."

So has everyone got all their Christmas shopping completed? I have one left to buy but seeing as it is part birthday━part Christmas I don't actually have to have it until the middle of January. other than that all the important ones are bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment