Friday 26 September 2014

Guest Blogger ~ Ashley Ladd

Title: Her Men

Publisher: Totally Bound
Genre: Contemporary Erotic male-female-male romance
Book Length: 22,000 words


Dreaming, Day Dreaming, and Fantasizing


I dream a lot. Not only while I sleep but I day dream and fantasize lots during my waking hours. I mean I daze off while I’m doing other things…working, cooking, driving… Yikes!

Often I won’t let myself wake up because I’m in the middle of a dream, even if it’s a bad one. How do I know? I guess I’m on the verge of waking and dreaming at that point.

Some of my stories are the result of my dreams, day dreams, and fantasies.

I keep a dream journal to capture my dreams. I wish I could take the credit but it was my daughter’s idea. After I described some of my really weird awesome dreams to her, she suggested I jot them down before they flitted into never never land.

I don’t know about you, but a couple times, I woke up sobbing because the dreams were so intense. Luckily that hasn’t happened recently.

One particular dream visits me a lot, and that’s about an old boyfriend whom things didn’t work out with. However, things are quite different, usually better, in my dreams. Sometimes the dream gets extremely steamy. I doubt I’m the only one whom this has ever happened to. Otherwise songs wouldn’t have been written about this exact thing. Two that come to mind are ‘Dream Lover’ by Bobby Darrin and ‘All I Have To Do Is Dream’ by the Everly Brothers.


My recently released story by Totally Bound, ‘Her Men’, is based on dreams. The heroine Julie has dreamed, day dreamed, and fantasized about the two men in her life that she has never forgotten. This has been going on for twenty years. Finally, when a reunion comes along she takes a chance to see if one or both not only remember her, but perhaps have dreamed about her too. She hopes so.

BLURB:

Forty-four year old Julie Weston has loved Timmy and James since her college days twenty something years ago. She's fantasized about both all these long years, never able to choose between them.

Hoping Tim and James will attend, she attends their college marching band reunion. When both men show up her dreams are answered. They're sexier than she imagined and she hopes they won't be disappointed by her older self.

It turns out both men came just to see her again and neither is happy about the other’s presence. They fight over her, confusing her more than ever. It takes a hot ménage…or two…for her heart to decide which one she’s in love with.

EXCERPT:

Oh God. She couldn’t make up her mind, just as she’d feared. They were both fulfilling her dreams and almost her fantasies. Why couldn’t she be like Connie and love just one man?

“I’m single. And confused,” she admitted unhappily, hoping and praying her answer wouldn’t drive either man away before her heart could decide who it wanted. She held her breath, waiting for James to drop her on her ass and leave in disgust.

But he stayed. His eyes darkened. His fingers bit into her arms, but he didn’t walk away. Instead, he kissed her again, rubbing his groin against her. When he finally released her, he promised, “Game on.”

Tim stomped over and shoved James away. “What the hell was that?”

James pushed him back. “What in the hell does it look like?”

“Keep your hands off her.”

“I don’t see a ring on her finger, and she started it.”

Tim wrinkled his brow, captured her hand and yanked her to him. “She’s had too much to drink.”

Again she help up one finger and repeated, “I just had one.” She thought it best not to mention the Benadryl.

With sad eyes, Tim asked, “Who do you want? Me or him?”

Fighting back sudden, scalding tears, she freed herself, stepped back and regarded both men. “I don’t know.”

Tim’s expression grew incredulous as if she’d struck him. He echoed, “You don’t know? Since when do you like him?”

“Maybe since you dumped her,” James said with a sneer. He puffed up and faced off with Tim. “If you don’t like it, back out. I’m going to fight for her—like I should have before.”

Tim’s eyes grew large as saucers. “I had no idea. You were with Theresa…”

“Theresa dropped me like a hot cake. And you disappeared.”

“And I heard she was going out with Gus, not you.” Tim looked around as though to make sure Gus wasn’t about to pop out of nowhere.

She heaved a sigh. “Gus was my friend. He fell for me, not vice versa. I feel bad if I led him on. It wasn’t intentional.”

“Like me? You never realized I liked you as more than a friend,” Phil interjected as he danced nearby with Anita.

She blanched and wanted to evaporate.

James winked. “It seems you were quite the siren, leaving all of us shipwrecked in your wake.”

Stunned, she clasped her hand to her throat. “I swear, I had no clue. I’m so sorry.”

“Yet you’re still leaving us in your wake, honey.” Tim glared at all of them and fisted his hands on his hips.

Honey? She didn’t like the sound of that.




Ashley Ladd is a disabled Air Force vet that is hard of hearing but still loves language, especially the written word. She loves a sexy man, especially one with a military background and they’ll often pop up in her stories. She also loves cats and has been known to empower a cat with the gift of speech. Unfortunately he wouldn’t shut up. J She loves to plug into Pandora and sip Diet Coke while writing, usually with a cat or kid at her side.




Find Ashley Here

1 comment:

  1. I've written several stories based on dreams, and have several others in my notebook, waiting to be written.

    Good luck with the new release!

    ReplyDelete