Friday 4 December 2015

My Guest ~ Jacey Mills

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

Releasing: December 4th
Publisher: MLRPress




Blurb
Campbell's offered a chance to travel back in time. He's going to make his one true love, Devon, fall in love with him at a Christmas Party in 2015. It's been a rough decade between 2015 and 2025. There's been a bloody revolution and Campbell wants nothing more than the security of Devon. Yet, when he gets back to 2015, nothing is what Campbell remembered. Devon, in fact, is a jerk.

Akhil, the scientist who sent Campbell back in time is much nicer. As Campbell begins to find his footing in time and space, Akhil, who is funny, smart, and sexy, starts to fall in love with Campbell. Can Campbell find true love and stop the revolution?

Excerpt
  “Am I messing up the timeline?” I worried.

  Akhil looked over to reassure me and patted my left knee gently, until he seemed to catch what he was doing and then he snatched his hand back as if it was burnt. I caught his eye and grinned a little bit. He softened his posture.

  “No, I don’t think you’re messing up the timeline, not in a bad way, anyway.” He turned left at the light. “Your mother is alive and sending out soup recipes, Canada is not falling into revolution, and it certainly did no real harm for Sarah or me to have met you in 2015.”

  “I’m supposed to meet you guys as the office Christmas party tomorrow too.”

  “I have no memory of that.”

  I tugged at a hangnail. “I haven’t done that yet.”

  “Ah yes.” He sat silently for a moment. “So can you think of anything that you might have done to stop the protests? I really don’t think ushering Sarah or I around did that.”

  I thought for a moment. “Oh, I glittered a poster with Kennedy Porter.”

  He braked heavily in shock. “You did what?”

  “Akhil, you’re blocking traffic. Go.” I nagged. “Devon took me to his cell. Kennedy was there – she was the girl from down the hall from where Devon lived. We glittered a poster for a protest together.”

  “You glittered a poster together?”

  “Yep. She’s pretty artsy-craftsy for a girl who’s going to walk with an executive’s head on a stake down Wall Street, you know. Anyway, she talked about killing executives and I said it would be better to just put them in jail and Robin Hood their money.”

  We had pulled into the parking lot of my apartment. Akhil put the car into park and pushed the engine’s button to turn it off. He looked at me incredulously. “What?” I asked.

  “I am…merely still getting over the fact that you decorated a poster with Kennedy, a woman who posed covered in fake blood for Playboy, and spoke to her about Robin Hooding executives, and now there’s no protests in Canada,” he said.

  I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. He pulled back, surprised. “No harm, no foul, right, Akhil?” I brightened. “Maybe I can stop the uprising and kick butt at the Christmas party.” I got out of the car and closed the door. I thought I heard Akhil mutter something to himself, but I couldn’t be sure what.

About Jacey
I'm a librarian in the great Midwest, living with my husband and two cats. Our house is divided between 1) too many books, and 2) too many computers. I've written for Torquere's short story compilations in 2015 and also have another novella available from MLR press, "Ghosts Among Us."  I love to hear from people who've read my work, so talk to me on Facebook or Twitter.



Find Jenny Here
Twitter: @JaceyMills

No comments:

Post a Comment