Saturday 12 March 2016

The Demons Inside My Head

Why is it when you're on a deadline and you are running out of time, new ideas pop into your head until you get the gist of them written down... they never shut up until they are happy that you won't forget about them.

I thought I'd share what I have so far so you can tell me what you think. (forgive any punctuation errors):

CHAPTER ONE...

  The first time I remember meeting Killian, I was three years old. he rescued me from a man my mother sold me to. I don't know how long I was with the man. Honestly I don't remember much at all, just momentary flickers of pain and terror. All I know for sure is Killian killed the man and carried me all through the night and gave me to my father with the coming dawn, and then he was gone."

  Bailey shifted on the sofa where he was lying and glanced at Cayden Moran, his best friend and cousin over the arm. "I don't know what I ever did to make my mother sell me the way she did.

  "Bailey David Rondell, you listen to me and you listen to me good. You never did anything wrong. What happened to you back then was not your fault. I remember Grandmother and mother talking about what had happened. According to Nonnu, your mother had been troubled for a while. way before you disappeared. Nonnu swears she was possessed by a great evil." Cayden said. 

  Bailey could see he was pissed at him for believing it was his fault. Who knew for certain? Cayden may very well be right. Bailey grew up not knowing anything about Marta Rondell, his mother, because his father had removed every little thing that had belonged to the woman. It was as if she had never been a part of their lives at all. when he'd asked about her, his father would change the subject, until in the end he just stopped asking.

  With a sigh Cayden asked, "Tell me more about Killian? Anything that you can remember. Maybe it will explain why you are obsessing over someone you met once when you were a kid."

  "It wasn't just the once. The second time I met Killian I was ten. My father had just crashed our  car. I knew he was dead, but I was trapped. the car was on fire and I thought I was going to die right alongside my father. When I resolved myself to the fact, I thought of Killian. Then he was just there, pulling me free of the wreckage. He took me to my aunt and uncle, on my father's side to raise."

  Cayden tapped the arm of the sofa. "Have you seen him since then?"

  "Yes. When I was seventeen the house I lived in with my aunt and uncle blew up. I was the only survivor. I was starting to believe that somehow I was jinxed and that I was causing the death of all my family members. This time Killian took me to my mother's sister. I didn't want to go, but he insisted I stay with her. I didn't want to be the cause of her and her family's death. I wanted to stay with Killian."

  "My mother is a lot stronger than she looks. I didn't know it was Killian who brought you to us. Did he tell you why you couldn't stay with him?" Cayden shook her head. "That came out wrong. I'm not implying that I don't want you here I'm just wondering why he insisted."

  "Killian told me the next time he came for me would be the last. Next time I would be ready." Bailey answered.

  Cayden moved until he was sitting on the sofa beside Bailey's hip. "Ready for what? And when the hell is the next time?"

  "Think about it. I was three, then ten, then seventeen.  Seven years between each visit. I'm twenty-four now. I think something bad is going to happen to me. I don't want you, Aunt Nikki, or Nonnu to be hurt because there's something wrong with me. I don't know why bad stuff keeps happening, it just does. this time I'm not waiting around for it to find me."

  "So when do we leave?" Cayden stated.

  Bailey shook his head. "I'm going alone, that way I won't get you killed."

  "I'm going. End of story."

  They both jumped as Nonnu spoke from the doorway. "It's time you both learnt the truth about who you are, and about why you were born into this life. The secrets of our existence is no longer safe."

 * * * *

Okay that's all I have... I have no clue where it's going or who Killian even is... I will let you know more when I figure it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment