Sunday 30 June 2024

Updates on life.

 

I've missed a lot of this year due to being sick. Every time I think I'm on the mend it comes back and slams me for six. I'm not sure what's worse. The aches and pains, the coughing, or the neverending ringing in my ears and mad headache. But that's enough about that. Nobody wants to hear me complain.

I need to get a new computer. Mine is quite a few years old and failing a lot lately. and seeing as it is Windows 10 and doesn't have the components to upgrade to Windows 11. Plus I got the message Microsoft is no longer doing something for Windows 10. I'm not computer-savvie. I just know it's now hard to open crap. Find crap. Save crap. I don't need a lot from a computer. As long as I can send and receive emails. Work on my writing. Use my Dropbox. Have Excel, and have Chrome search engine all will be hunky-dory in my world. I'm thinking about a Lenovo 14" laptop. 4/128GB (not that I know what that means). All I know is the screen is bigger than the 10.5" I'm using now... Any suggestions? I don't know the difference between Lenovo, HP, Asus and all the rest. To me, they are all computers. Just as long as it isn't Apple I will be fine. Nothing against Apple. I just personally find them confusing as hell. I find it hard to work my iPod on a good day.

Other than that lately I have been back to working on E.P.I.C. 1: Blood Ties. I'm at 20K in wordage. I had to trash the original story; because it just didn't make sense to me. But I like where I'm headed now. I think it will go a lot faster once I have the new computer seeing as some days I get on this one and chapters have just disappeared--never to be found again. I hate having to do shit so many times. Yes, I know I should save all my shit to Dropbox, but the computer was being an arse, and wouldn't let me on Dropbox. I've gone back to the trusty old memory stick thingies for now. because I can't find my external hard drive. Though I probably need a new one of those as well.

Well anyhow, I'm off to take some more medication and do some writing--Maybe I shouldn't write while medicated. I guess we'll find out by the time I done. I will talk to you all again some other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment