Saturday 29 November 2014

Guest Blogger ~ Shayla Mist: Christmas Commitment [Boughs of Evergreen]


Release Date: December 1st [pre order now]
Publisher: Beaten Track Publishing

Links to buy:
Blurb:
Dick hates Christmas. This year more than ever because he's been dumped by his boyfriend. There's only one way to prove to Zack he's serious about their future together: coming out to his family. Dick might be willing to do that, but what if it's already too late?
Excerpt:
“What are you doing here?” 
I flinched at the harshness of his voice. He was early, and he’d approached in his silent and stealthy way, like a wild cat, cornering its prey. That was pretty much how I felt. Taken by surprise, I stood there frozen, my carefully prepared “speech” completely forgotten. Zack was his usual beautiful self, with those huge green eyes and long eyelashes and that cute, pouty, oh-so-talented-and-versatile mouth; and that made me feel like even more of a loser. 
“I asked what you’re doing here,” my lover (well, technically my ex) repeated in an unusually angry voice, looking at me like I was some kind of cockroach. I swallowed my saliva and opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. I tried again, closing and opening my mouth like a fish washed ashore. Still nothing. 
“Go home, D,” Zack finally said with a sigh. His anger seemed to evaporate suddenly, and he looked exhausted. I wanted to reach closer and wipe the tiredness away from that sweet-looking face, but I knew he didn’t welcome that kind of gesture anymore. We were supposed to act like strangers now.
 Despite his tired plea, I tried to get closer, making a couple of hesitant steps until only one more step separated us. I dared cupping his cheek gently and, to my amazement, he closed his eyes, leaning into the touch. Maybe all was not lost. Maybe we could still build something together. Maybe he’d forgive me and we could go back… 
“No. Stop.” He shook his head and stepped away from me. All of a sudden, the magic was broken, along with my foolish hopes. 
Zack turned his back on me and moved toward his front door, then unlocked it with hurried movements.
 “Go away. It’s over,” he mumbled, struggling with the lock. 
“Zack!” I love you. 
“I said go away!” he almost yelled. And before I had time to react, he banged the door in my face. The metallic sound of the door locking felt like a prison sentence. I knew he was there, listening behind that door for my retreating footsteps, for I didn’t hear him move. We just stood, each on his side of the door, until I was so frozen I felt paralyzed. I eventually moved. 
I swear I heard him sigh in relief when I finally stepped away. I guess that meant we really were over…
Author Bio:
Shayla made her debut in the writing world during elementary school with a heart-breaking story about how her grandma’s chicks died from an unknown disease. It was published in the school newspaper, spurring a significant amount of pitiful looks directed her way. Being a stubborn Aquarius, she kept on striving, publishing cheesy love poetry, an endeavor that thankfully proved to be far more successful. Her writing life changed dramatically when she read her first yaoi manga and discovered her real calling. Imagining guys together has become her favorite pastime. Aside from writing, daydreaming about men and devouring any M/M book she can get her hands on and, she also loves manga, kpop, jrock, classical music, crafts and art. An earnest romantic, she’s always been convinced there’s a soulmate out there, searching for her. It appears he’s been lost. Maybe word hasn’t gotten to him that cars are faster than white horses. In case you’ve seen a prince on a white horse (though a sports car would be preferable), Shayla would very much appreciate if you let her know.
Find Shayla Here
 Email 
About Anthology:

Language: English
Published: 21st November, 2014
Publisher: Beaten Track Publishing
ISBN: Vol 01: 9781909192898; Vol 02: 9781909192911
No. of  pages: Volume 1 - 402: Volume 2: 396
Category: Fiction

BOOK DESCRIPTION:
Boughs of Evergreen is a two-volume collection of short stories celebrating the holiday season in all its diversity. Penned by authors from the UK, the USA, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe, these are tales of the young and the not-so-young from many different walks of life.

Themes of family, friendship and romance take readers on a journey through some of the major holidays, both past and present, including Thanksgiving, Advent, St. Lucia Day, Hanukkah, Eid, Saturnalia, Winter Solstice, Yule, Christmas and New Year. In each we find at the very least hope, and often love, peace and happiness.

Each story will also be published individually as ebooks on 1st December, 2014.

Proceeds from sales of this anthology will be donated to The Trevor Project. The Trevor Project is the leading national organization [USA] providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13-24.
For more information, visit: www.thetrevorproject.org.

THE STORIES: (links go to samples and author biographies)

Volume One

Volume Two 







No comments:

Post a Comment