Thursday 20 April 2017

3:45 AM & I'm Wide Awake.

Those weird little sleep gremlins have decided it's time for me to get up. I must have had enough sleep for them for one night. The older I get the less sleep I seem to need─I thought the opposite was meant to be true. So here I sit another early morning in the house all by myself when everyone else is asleep. In some ways it's bloody brilliant, and in other ways it's a little creepy.

I'm happy to admit I think the new migraine medication is working (regardless of the freaky side effects) maybe it also has something to do with my weird sleep patterns now. I never sleep over eight hours. If like last night I fall asleep at 7:30pm then I'm up at 3:30am at least it's nice and quiet.

Last night I woke up at 4 am surrounded by flashing lights (no sirens) but a few houses down there were cop cars. I have no clue what happened. So I hope everything was okay, but they were there for at least an hour after I woke up. I don't know how long they were there before that.

Yesterday while writing Moon Runners 2: I won't Let You Go, I thought of the opening paragraph for book three (which I apparently still haven't named as yet) so I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget. I will tell you more as I know it. I'll work on it again today before Em goes to the doctor and then again when we get home.

The weather is finally starting to cool down here of a night time, but the days are still shorts and singlets weather. I can't wait for winter to set in. I'm sick of the heat. The times where I can cook a huge stew that can last for a couple of days. the cats are getting older now so they may spend the winter nights inside from here on out. I will have to see how they go. I have already been putting the blankets up on hector's cage so he doesn't freeze his little feathered arse off.

Okay, I think I've rambled on enough for one early morning... I'll catch you all again tomorrow... Later Gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment