Thursday 21 November 2019

We Can All Stop Looking...

I finally found that amazingly safe place I stashed my plot drafts book for all my storylines.  I was so fricken lost without it. Not that I actually follow what I've written too closely, but at least it gives me a beginning and an end. It also gives me a loose transcript of how to get there. The rest is entirely up to me. (Yes... I know I write them both... the plotlines and the stories), but I never follow the scripts I set out, my characters always seem to have other ideas.

EXAMPLE #1: Way back when I started writing The Lines of Marsden 1: The Rules are Meant to be Broken all those years ago, it was going to be Michael and Christian all the way. Benj and Doyle had other plans though and demanded I change things, or at least they bribed Vlad (the keeper/manager of the carnage inside my head) to divert the storyline to their way of thinking, (he's so easily bought).

EXAMPLE #2: I want The Connelly Chronicles 3: Because of You to go one way, and the characters keep messing with the storyline and sending me off in a whole different direction completely. So at the moment, we are at a standoff. I really need to get this one done by the end of the year so I hope one of us give in soon. I dare say Nate and Dan will win, especially if GG and Girly have anything to say about it

EXAMPLE #3: The boys in Sons of Evenmore 3: Fear The Scarlet Moon have decided to throw the script completely out the window and write their own, and now I'm trying to steer them back to where I need them to be at the end of this current story, or the next one won't make any sense. I wonder if I'll manage it. Phoenix, Linkin, and Cooper are fighting me the whole way.

EXAMPLE #4: Shane from  The Connelly Chronicles wants me to stop writing him as a douchebag, and give him his own story so he can redeem himself and get his happily-ever-after. I keep telling him it's not as simple as that, but do you think he's listening. I secretly think Vlad is egging them all on. No wonder I have a migraine most days.

EXAMPLE #5: Don't even get me started on the previously released books that I need to find new homes for as some of them want me to change them completely and I'm not sure that is advisable two of the main contenders are The Diamond Rose 1: The Gateway to Kalethia... and The Freedomers 1: Zephania's Chance (in this one some characters are demanding I change their sex for the rewrite) I'll have to enquire about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment