Wednesday 8 May 2013

Words Of Wisdom & For The Love Of God - Is It Time For Coffee Yet?

This is the size of the cup of coffee I wish I had sitting beside me. I'm still doing the friggen taxes but I am now seeing a light at the end of that proverbial tunnel.

I just have to separate the receipts now into the three different groups that I need. At least having to do them again I now have everything in the one place and a system set up that works for me - hopefully it will work for the accountant as well.

Other than that I've been trying to organise my books both in my head and on my computer. (well my laptop because my computer bit the dust. The tower fried itself - so I have to organise getting a new one). I have found that while going through notes etc I have a whole file of story ideas... just random bits of paper where I have written down a scene or a persons description - hell, I even have partial conversations that I have over heard and thought - hmmm now that would make an interesting scene. 

Mind you I look at some of the stuff I have and have to think - now why the hell did I think it important to save you? So while I am going through I have a bag full of stuff I can burn and get rid of. Then what's left over I will sort out into Adult and YA. and put the ideas folder somewhere where I can see it all the time so when I'm stuck I can go through it and see what works.

I've also been trying to catch up on my character profiles... These are the most important things ever when you have an ongoing series. Just so you don't screw up the little things and have your readers chew you out because you got it wrong... And with as many series as I have in the works I need all the help I can get.

Okay rambling on here isn't getting my work done or my coffee made... so I am out of here until I stop by and update you all again on the trials and tribulations of the life and times of N.J. Nielsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment