Wednesday 24 July 2013

Insomnia: Sleep, Who Needs It?

I swear the more I try to sleep - the worse it gets. I finally forced myself to go to bed at half past midnight and I was still lying there awake until 3 a.m. I was awake by 5:30 when Em started getting ready for work. Some night I'm lucky if I get 5 hours tops.

I hear you asking me what is keeping me up at nights? The answer is really simple - Michael-bloody-Marsden... more precisely I am up to the last four chapters in Living in Shadows and I'm trying to work out the sequence of events in those last four chapters. - I want to get it right...

It would be okay if the scene he is giving me was for this book but it isn't it's a scene in the beginning of book 4: The Trail Of Red Roses. For some reason I don't think the characters in The Lines Of Marsden are going to let me rest in between their books.

Poor Vlad, who runs the space inside my head where all my characters live; is run off his feet trying to keep everyone happy. Last night around 2 a.m. he was threatening to pack his possessions and leave - which would be okay, except he thinks Doyle from TLOM and Jhex from SOE are his possessions. So now I am being blackmailed by the people in my head - how is that fair?

On that note I am back to the computer and getting more words down to make people happy so they don't leave... Oh yeah, I'm so not under the command of my characters, but shhh, don't tell them I said that.

6 comments:

  1. Rotflmao!!!! I feel for you. You may need to do some sleeping meds just so you can function. I love all your characters but they need to give you a break

    Cinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do sleeping meds - tell the truth I hate taking any medication... one day I will just conk out and sleep the day away and then the cycle will start all over again... I hope to have chaps 11 - 14 to you by next week and then that leaves the last four chapters in the story - before we start on the next project.

      Delete
  2. LOL, I was wondering what Vlad was thinking. I'm not surprised, he's not above blackmail. Cheeky bloke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he told me if I don't get caught up he is taking all the cuties and doing a runner - LOL.

      Delete
  3. try sounds...I take allot of pain meds due to having my back broken in the military. U name it I take for different types of level of pain. I couldn't sleep for more than 2 hrs. I got a small indoor fountain (10x 10x12) and it just sounds like a stream trickling next to me. I have it on my nightstand next to my bed. After about 3 days I can sleep almost 4-6 hrs now. I even sometime take a nap in some afternoons after physical therapy (which has never happened in 7 years). It's better than sleeping pills!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think running water would make me want to pee... though I did sleep 6 hours last night because I stuck in an audio book and fell asleep to someone reading to me. It wasn't bad.

      Delete