Thursday 25 July 2013

Why is it?

Why is it the more I try and tidy the office up, the worse it seems to look? I have things stacked everywhere and the can't be put away until the shelves are put into the office/library extension (Books, CDs, & DVDs).

Though, I'm proud that I worked out how to hook up the printer all by myself. and have the cables run under the desk and not above it. So now my end of the office is looking pretty good - well mostly good - okay, okay, I still have tons of crap to do before I can see the whole desktop.

I think we will all be happy to know I got some sleep last night... six hours to be exact which is a miracle for me. And the biggest shocker is I didn't write one word on The Lines of Marsden Living in Shadows... and only 1K on Walk This Way (Which I am seriously thinking about changing the title on because it doesn't suit it now or maybe it does if the finish ends up where I want it to).

So today I am going to try and finish the last of the clean up on my side of the office, and the last 3 K on Walk This Way before I get off the computer this afternoon... I also have RL stuff to do; like washing the clothes and hanging them out to dry... I hate washing in winter.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is coming to a head and getting completed.
    Glad to hear you got some sleep.
    Just know you Rock at doing your characters right.

    Cinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you know how much I appreciate you - I have sent the free read to Yoda so It will be coming to you for a look-see soon.

      Delete
  2. When you mentioned hanging clothes out to dry in winter I had a major flashback. When my daughter, who is now 44, was a baby we lived in northern Montana 30 miles from Canada & I did not have a dryer. Finally got the worthless husband to string lines in the basement when the diapers and all other laundry were freezing in the basket before I could get them hung up. Had to let them freeze dry and then thaw in the house before they could be used. With the second child even though I had a dryer by then I really got into disposable diapers. Glad you finally got some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a clothes dryer so all my clothes get hung out - a pain in the arse in winter and the rainy season... but here dryer's cost too much to run... That and I like the smell of the clothes after they have been sun dried. occasionally I have to pull out all the clothes horses and have them situated throughout the house...

      Delete