Sunday 21 November 2021

Time Out

 

I took the time out while writing to just sit, and this is what was happening right in front of me. These things were flying everywhere and some were mating others where I assume laying eggs in holes in wood. I just can't believe I actually managed to take a couple of pictures before this amorous couple flew away. They were actually sitting on the concrete at my feet... and when he was done with whatever round I saw, the one on top picked the other up and flew away and landed in the grass a little ways out from where I was sitting.

I'm not sure if you can see it in the picture but if you zoom in you can see the bottom one is carrying a shit-ton of eggs. It was amazing to watch, as the one on top, its wings were moving so fast. I sat there for at least 45 minutes watching them before they flew off. The whole experience was actually mesmerizing, as I've never actually seen anything like it before.

IN OTHER NEWS: I have just under 10K to go on my NaNoWriMo> Misty River 1: Calm to my Storm. I will be glad when I'm finished, so I can get back what I'm actually supposed to be writing. I still have to try and finish off. The Connelly Chronicles 3: Because of You, & Wardens of the Gild 4: Gilded Cages for 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment