Friday 11 April 2014

I'm No Longer An Author With Silver Publishing...

As of the 10th of April I'm no longer an author at Silver Publishing... I've received my rights back to all of my books...

Now I'll have to find new homes for them all, and expand on the shorter ones so they make more sense and don't feel rushed.

After the last few weeks I've been through I'm happy just to have the rights back... will I see any of the monies owed to me ? I very much doubt it.

So be on the lookout for the new covers/versions of:

1. A Moon-Runner Christmas (this one I definitely want to expand on and may even turn into a series).
2. One Last Kiss Goodbye (not sure if I'll leave as is or expand).
3. Gaean Prophacies: Admetus Gaea
4. The Connelly Chronicles: Family Connections.

The saddest part will be losing all the beautiful cover art created by the very talented Reese Dante...

10 comments:

  1. Thinking of you through this difficult time. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically out of all of this there is a SILVER lining... maybe next time they are contracted I will get paid.

      Delete
  2. I completely agree hun. The artwork is so amazing. Losing it is hard. Here's to a more positive future for all of us. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, but all of us former SP authors will march on and do better elsewhere. We have to have faith that no one is as bad as what we were all in.

      Delete
  3. I saw earlier he's skipped town, finally. Man, I hate you got caught up in all that. :( But glad you got your rights back! Losing the money sucked, but losing those covers *really* sucked.

    And not in a good way lol. ;)
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that we all got caught up in this bullshit... especially those who were authors just starting out... I can't imagine the way they must be feeling. I just hope none of them give up... I think I will miss my editor and the cover art more than the publication house itself... an act of true cowardice when he ran.

      Lesson learned: Trust no one & always read the fine print.

      Delete
  4. Glad you got your rights back! And so sorry about your royalties and the loss of your artwork - I hope Karma has a good time with that dickhead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I think the man will change his name, the name of his company, and do the same thing all over again... I hope he falls and he falls hard. The loss of royalties is bad but I am glad to be free.

      Delete
  5. This is so awful for everyone involved. I saw AJ's post and I had no idea it was that horrific. I also never new you couldn't take covers with you as well. That really sucks. <3 you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I was shocked when I read AJ's post - I've hardly been on the computer since Jan 2014 - so even I didn't know how bad it truly was... The sad thing is I don't blame the staff at Silver - just the man himself. It seems quite a few of us got screwed over... Just glad I can move forward.

      Delete