Monday 6 January 2020

Australia Is Burning...


I'm lucky, for the fires have calmed down around my area in the SE of Queensland. Now New South Wales and South Australia are the ones most at risk. We have already lost so much wildlife, people's homes, even a few people have sadly perished... and still, we have no significant rain in sight. 

I'm hoping the one thing we learn from this fucking tragedy is to be prepared... So it never happens again→ I know fires are a natural disaster, and will always occur, but they didn't have to be this bad. Aside from it would be great if idiots would please stop lighting them just for shits and giggles, or doing dumbarse crap when we're in the middle of a total fire ban that goes out of control... What I'm talking about being prepared by controlled backburning throughout the year, done by our own fire service might help with stopping a lot of this devastation.

Now I'm not an expert and I don't claim to be one, but I've listened to people, and I've read about what's going on and how they could have helped the situation... And what's happening now? We have wonderful people coming from overseas to help our firies battle the blaze. Reporters telling the news from certain points of view and trying to bring controversy to where there shouldn't be any. I don't care if there are missed messages between departments when help was being sent into coordinate and fight the blaze... all I care is that it was sent. So I say> pull up your big boy pants and be grateful for the help given.

In ending, I want to thank every single person who has worked so hard to fight to save our country from burning to the ground. Thank you to all the additional help from overseas. My heart goes out to all those who have suffered loss of some kind... and to all the animals who have perished in this whole ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment