Monday 13 January 2020

It Finally Rained.

Not enough to even wet the ground, but at least it was something. It's still all overcast now, so hopefully, we may get some more.

I hear you wondering why I get excited over a little drizzle. Mainly because I live in Australia. Not only are we in the middle of a seemingly neverending drought, but we are currently burning to the ground in many parts. So, every little drizzle helps.

The problem is Huey needs to drop a shit load more of the wet stuff on us for it to do any good. Our dams are drying up. Our crops & animals are dying. It's pretty damn bad. I know we're not the first country to have suffered through something like this, nor will we be the last. It just seems devastating while it's happening.

The good thing is we are survivors. We learn through all the crap life deals out to us, there are people out there who have the glue to pull us all back together→ and I'm not talking about the religious types, or the politicians. I'm talking about the everyday battlers who lend a helping hand to the person next to them, just because they're doing it rough. The ones who open their doors and say have a feed or a shower, even though they have stuff all themselves. The firies who put aside their day jobs to battle the fires and keep us all as safe as they could. The people who came from overseas to lend a hand, because we sent our guys and girls to them when they were in need→ These are the true heroes.

I feel sad for the loss of life both animal and human. I feel sad for the loss of homes. Most of all I hope that those people who started the fires get the book thrown at them regardless of age. They should pay for the lack of respect they showed the rest of Australia and the world itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment